Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Lying Game




The show follows Emma (Chando), a kind-hearted foster kid who cant catch a break. She finds out she has an identical twin sister, Sutton (also played by Chando), who unlike Emma was adopted by wealthy parents and is seemingly living an ideal life. After their initial meeting, Sutton talks Emma into stepping into her life for a few days while she pursues a lead on their birth mother.



It's a new ABC Family  original TV series based off the book written by Sara Shepard, whom also wrote the Pretty Little Lairs series, which is too an ABC Family original.

In the beginning you see into both of the girls lives until Emma runs away, towards her sister. When she meets up with her sister,  Sutton, Sutton gets the idea to switch places for a couple of days so she can go find the parents that abandoned them.

Emma always wanted a real family, always want things. So she was excited for the switch, seeing how the other side of the money pyramid lived.

In the last twenty or so minutes you see all isn't right in Sutton's world. That maybe she's getting a little to close to something that shouldn't be known to the world. 

I hope you'll get more of the feel on what is going on in the next episode since it was the first.

Just like with Pretty Little Liars you'll get hooked, I know I did. :) 

But of course there is some downsides I have with it. Both girls got adopted, one for the worst and one for the better, and as usual the better came into royalties. Not middle class or even upper middle class. No. Though, I know it's not ABC Family's fault, Nope, it's the writer's. I've noticed she seems to like to write in that world and it's okay (not judging) but after awhile it seems to get a little old, don't you think? I don't know, maybe it's just me.
       I mean, really, how often does that happen?

Anyways, it's a good start to what I can tell by the promos is going to be a great series. Intrigued and I can't wait for next weeks.

Oh, and, a lot of new faces they brought to us, only just a few I've sen before. I like that. I think ABC Family is really good at picking their cast. Except, I have a small problem with the main characters, Emma and Sutton, whom are played by Alexandra Chando. I think, for me at least, that it would have been a lot cooler if they were actually played by real twins. Though, Sutton doesn't get much scene time maybe they decided against real twins because of that. Maybe.
Over all,
  
5 hearts 
  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


P.S that rating can change over the course of the series.          
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment