Saturday, September 10, 2011

Battle Royale


Forty-two delinquent students, three days, one deserted Island: welcome to Battle Royale. A group of delinquent students from a Japanese high school have been forced by legislation to compete in a new forum of reality television.The students are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off to kill each other in a no-holds-barred (with a few minor rules) game to the death, which means that the students have three days to kill each other until one survives--or they all die.

The movie focus on a few of the students and how they cope. Some decide to play the game like the psychotic Kiriyama or the sexual Mistuko, while others like the heroes of the movie--Shuya, Noriko, and Kawada--are trying to find a way to get off the Island without violence. However, as the numbers dwell down lower and lower on an hourly basis, is there any way for Shuya and classmates to survive?


OH MY GOD, WOW, AMAZING, & SITTING ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT PERFECT....are just a few of the words to describe this little gem from Japan.

Now, some of you may have already seen this and are going like "have you been living underneath a rock or something", but if you haven't seen it then you should definitely get on it. And, by the way, I haven't been living underneath a rock.  

Okay, so, I came to this film because of peoples reviews on the, Hunger Games, how they're all comparing it to it or how the author of the Hungers Games just copied Battle Royale. And I have to say, with the game part, yes it's a like, but for her main plot, no it's completely different.  

If you've read the first two books out of the Hunger Games, and if you've watched this or will, you'll see a lot of similar on the topic of the games. So now I can see why people are comparing the two. But I think they're still great in their own ways.

Anyways, the film was fun. Yes gory but for me I love gore. It's intense, graphic with the gore, and can be a little much for little kids, but for the rest of the age groups, is just perfect. Saying if you like that kind of stuff. If you don't then I'm sorry, I don't write many reviews for any other type of movies. I love horror :).

The movie moves from one point of view to another, but it works. They don't go off the story and some of them blend together. There's a couple people I loved, they of course, were intense and killed the moment they could. A girl and an exchange student. But of course, I liked the main couple, whom I am glad it ended the way it did. If not I would have been pissed.

In the beginning there are some funny moments, at least to me, maybe to you too if you see it. Anyways, I think I made my point and wrote down to most of my thoughts so here's the rating,

5 hearts
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

P.S....the movie was of course in sub titles. You can watch it online or rent it at the nearest video store.


So, enjoy. :)


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment