Monday, September 26, 2011

Love Inc.



By Yvonne Collins & Sandy Rideout



Zahra, Kali, and Syd would never have met if their parents' marriages hadn't fallen apart. But when the three girls collide in group counseling, they discover they have something else in common: they've each been triple-timed by the same nefarious charmer, Eric, aka Rico, aka Rick. Talk about eye-opening therapy.

Cheerful, diplomatic Zahra is devastated. Rico had been her rock and sole confidant. How could she have missed the signs? Folksy, flirtatious Kali feels almost as bad. She and Rick had only been on a few dates, but they'd felt so promising. Hardened vintage-vixen Syd is beyond tears. She and Eric had real history... Or so she'd thought. Now all three girls have one mission: to show that cheater the folly of his ways.

Project Payback is such a success, the girls soon have clients lining up for their consulting services. Is your boyfriend acting shady? Dying to know if your crush is into you? Need match-making expertise? Look no further than Love, Inc.


A perfect summers read that's great for all ages. It's cute, laugh out loud funny, and not to over the top girly for my taste. Just the right blend thanks to the three main girls, Zahra, Syd, Kali.

Under the point of view of Zarha you get to go for a ride with her as her parents decide to send her to group therapy for kids with divorced parents, also call transition, just because of a little unfortunate event, which takes place at her fathers house,  that got way blown out of proportion. 

So, here she has to talk about her feelings, her home life, and how much her parents spilt effects her own relationships. Intense, right? And not only that, but she has to go on a stupid scavenger hunt as homework..more like punishment. And all for what....well, you'll see. Split up in two groups of three, she gets to see how Syd and Kali live and socialize out in the real world.

But because of this stupid scavenger hunt (thanks a lot Dieter) she actually gets something out of it, two new friends. Which she needed thanks to her moving out of her moms and goes to live with her dad. And the reason for her move was mostly because she got kicked out of her own room thanks to her grandparents, that have taken over the house and brainwashed her mom. 

Now, I'm not going to say much about what this book is about because...well, pretty much its explained in the details up top, but...I will talk about a few things that aren't mention. Don't worry I won't spoil much. Promise :). 

The revenge against Eric, a.k.a Rico, a.k.a Rick was pretty sweet. I would have died if that happen to my....I guess you'll have to read to find out. These two ladies, the authors, have worked together before and you could tell if you read one of their books before. I'm talking about Girl v. Boy, because they like to add a lot of love interest for the main character. But in the end I was so happy with whom she ended up with. I've known since they first meet, lol. 

Sorry for long post, I'll try to wrap it up soon. Because of this book I got to learn of a new culture. I love the books cover, it's cute and it's got a food truck. Which I'm really into now because of the Great Food Truck Race. And I love Zahra's hair color. On the cover it doesn't seem like the right color but oh well, I've got a curtain vision of her in my head. Just like we all do when we start to read about new characters.

The only thing that kind of annoyed me was the she thought she was in love and she's on like, fifteen. It's probably cause were naive at that age and what not. But, I don't it bugged me. Definitly since she's been only dating him for a couple of months, I don't, maybe cause I've never fallen in love.

What do you guys think?

4 1/2 hearts
  <3 <3 <3 <3 < 

P.S: sorry this is, like, three days late been kind of busy and what not. Oh,....and I love the drag queens in the book :)          

No comments:

Post a Comment