Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday



Welcome to Waiting on Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. This week I am anxiously awaiting:





A journey may take hundreds of miles, or it may cover the distance between duty and desire.
Sixteen of today’s hottest writers of paranormal tales weave stories on a common theme of journeying. Authors such as Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, and Melissa Marr return to the beloved worlds of their bestselling series, while others, like Claudia Gray, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl, create new land-scapes and characters. But whether they’re writing about vampires, faeries, angels, or other magical beings, each author explores the strength and resilience of the human heart.
Suspenseful, funny, or romantic, the stories in Enthralled will leave you moved.

How I came to this book was of author Jessica Verday. Though I haven't read any of her books I do follow her blog and like the concept of her short story in this anthology which consists of:
"My contribution is "At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show" - a story about a girl who hunts monsters, vampires in drag, and cannibal girl scouts. (And yes, it was just as much fun to write as it sounds!)"

She had me at cannibal girl scouts. I've never heard such a thing and I can't wait to read about it.

Another favorite author of mine is Kelley Armstrong, whom inspired me so much to write my first book. Which was supposed to be just a fill in while I waited a year for her third book in the Darkest Power trilogy and it turned into something more, so I can't wait to read hers either. :)

September 20, 2011 by HarperCollins

P.S
     when I typed this I didn't know it was being publish to stores the day before it's posted......oh well.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment