Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bridesmaids




Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.



Forewarning in the beginning you're hit in the face with a sex scene, though, no nudity was seen. But besides that it's a pretty good movie and that scene mostly just shows how Annie's, played by Kristen Wiig, relationship with that guy is only a booty call one.

After that we meet her best friend Lillian, played by Maya Rudolph, whom we find out soon is engaged and getting married to a rich guy. One of those people they would have made fun of before. But instead at Lillian's engagement party Annie sees that she might be losing her best friend, since childhood, to Lillian's future life style and her new friends which live within that life style. 

At the engagement party Annie meets someone, Helen, whom claims to be Lillian's best friend and Annie doesn't take it very well. During speech time those two try to out do each other and it's a laughing fit. My sister and I couldn't help but laugh. Those two are enemies through out the movie and a sub plot towards the film. Probably the funnier of the two plots going on. 

Besides the planning of the wedding Annie is dealing with relationship issues even more now that her best friend is getting married. She happens to get pulled over the night of the engagement party and this is where we meet her little love interest through out the movie and I think it's a sweet one. I love the scene of them one day hanging out and there at his sitting spot by a road way and he lets her play with the radar speed gun. It's cute. Who doesn't like cuteness once in a while. 

Though, yes, it's not a constant laugh out loud movie and sometimes Annie's story can fall flat but nonetheless it's an enjoyable movie and has enough laugh out loud moments that will keep you in your seats. My favorite would have to be the one of the bathroom scene at the bridal shop. Funny stuff right there ladies and gentlemen.

I loved the characters and they help balance out the movie. My favorite would have to be the one played by Melissa McCarthy. She shines through out the movie and plays her part very well. I love her and can't wait to see what else she'll do in the movie world. It's nice to see her doing well after Gilmore Girls (which I loved her in that too).   

You've got the snarky rich girl, the nasty future sister-in-law, the distressed best friend, the one who just wants everyone to get along, and two others that I just can't seem to describe. But I do love them too, just can't put to words.

Overall it's a good movie but more geared towards the mature audience so I believe 16 and older. And see those dresses in the movie poster, yea, well I wished they actually used those instead they got different ones and not as pretty (at least in my eyes). Plus I also got another story line from this movie, so, thanks for coming out with this idea to all the people who worked on it. 






           


I'm glad he's single because I'm going to climb that like a tree.

You read my diary?
At first I did not know it was your diary, I thought it was a very sad handwritten book.

Why can't you be happy for me and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?




No comments:

Post a Comment