Sunday, December 25, 2011

Crossed

Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie
Publication Date: November 1st 2011
Genre: YA Sci Fiction/ Dystopia
Goodreads






Summary


The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.



Crossed is an easy, flowing read that'll be done in no time.
I've got through this faster than I've been reading lately. Only took me four days, would have be sooner, but life gets in the way sometimes. No matter what I'm very proud of myself. Started Wednesday finished Saturday.

 I actually quite enjoyed this one maybe even a little bit more than the first one. You see for me I love action, especially in Dystopia/SyFy books. I was okay with the romance in the first one but I felt blinded by it when all of a sudden they are already saying I love you to each other. I don't know, maybe I just read it fast. Anyways, this one was fun for me. 

Cassia wants to get to the Outer Provinces to get to where Ky is and of course she'll find a why. Along the way she meets a some what ally but slowly she thinks, Indie, is hiding something from her. But before that they help each other out, on the ride to the camp in the Outer Provinces, by hiding each others things- things they don't want the society to have.    

I think I liked Indie. She was tough, knew how to hold her own, and she was a survivor. Though sometimes Cassia doesn't believe what Indie says when she heard different from the society, can't tell you what, because that's a somewhat big thing in this book.

It was fun reading their journey, escaping the camp, looking for Ky in the Carving and finding more about this thing called the Rising. The new friends they met and became a part of the journey too. Also, getting to look more into the mind of Ky. I liked that every other chapter was his, like, Cassia then Ky then Cassia again- that pattern till the end. Though sometimes I would catch myself feeling like I was reading Cassia's but it was really Ky's, probably just reading to fast. But that didn't happen often.

Though, I am afraid for the next one. Afraid that it'll be rushed and I will not like it because it is the last. The last one can always be the hardest. But I hope we'll be able to see through other peoples eyes again. 

Anyways, it was great. A few twist and turns, a few things I didn't see coming and who doesn't like that. The landscaping was beautiful and I'm glad I read this. However, if you only liked the romance from the first one you may not enjoy this one as much. Except, that was how they were rebelling but since the story needs to move along so do the characters, they need to see a new light towards all they know. They need to rebel in a harder way.  

Overall,

A great addition to my bookshelf



 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment