Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pet Sematary




The Creeds have just moved to a new house in the countryside. Their house is perfect, except for two things: the semi-trailers that roar past on the narrow road, and the mysterious cemetary in the woods behind the house. The Creed's neighbours are reluctant to talk about the cemetary, and for good reason too.



Unlike Stephen King's other movie, Maximum Overdrive, this one works more on developing the story than starting off smack dab in the middle of the action. But, don't worry action fan lovers things start happening real quick before things get to boring for your liking.


A family of four moves into a new home. Everything is perfect with it, the home is huge with great yardage, the neighbors a nice and sweet but the only down fall is the road that runs right through the neighborhood. This is a place where semi's decide to over look their speed limit, which is the cause to many family animals deaths.

This is how the family meets their neighbor across the street. Their little boy, Gage, walks a little closely to the road when a semi truck comes along. Luckily for the parents, Jud the neighbor, catches him before he could go any farther. Through out the movie I felt like I knew who Jud was, not the character but who played the character, and I just found out who. Fred Gwynne, you may not know the name but you'll know the big character I knew him as, Herman Munster. Yep, he's from the Munsters.

Anyways, this is where they ask him about the path they've found that goes out into the woods. He tells them that he'll take them on a tour one day and tell them the story behind it. But when their daughter, Ellie, finds out it's a cemetery (sematary) and what a cemetery is she starts to worry about her own cat, Church. Because it's a pet cemetery. 

Little things start to happen. On the husbands first day as Doc in town a young man whom got hit by a truck forewarns him. Sadly, the kid dies but it's not the last we see of him. His here to make sure the father doesn't do anything stupid. Well, we see how well that works out. I liked the ghost and I liked this movie. There's a story told by the mother to her husband about her dead sister and how she was before she died and it was creep. Yep, that's a good word for it. You'll see her sister pop out in the movie a few times. You know how Stephen King is with his weirdness.

The last 30 or so minutes were sooooooo worth the development of the story. Not saying this is where all the action is. No there's little bits here and there, just enough to keep you in tuned. But this is where the major action was, with like most movies out there. There was actually a part that crept me out so much that I had to cover my ears. It dealt with the dead sister of the mother, Rachel, and I hated how she looked and how her voice was so high. Spine chilling. I haven't had one like that in a long time. It was amazing

There's lots of things I want to talk about but I just don't want to spoil it for you. Like that one sitting on the edge of your seat scene with the little boy Gage. Oh my god, and you know in horror movies where some serial killers cut the back of the ankle so the victims can't move, well, I hate that. I cringe every time I see that happen. It's funny though, I can watch someones arm get torn off but the cutting of the ankle creeps me out. Just to funny.

Over all this movie was enjoyable.

Would I watch it again: Yea, I would and totally recommend it to any one who loves this genre (horror) or to anyone who loves Stephen King.







  

Sometimes dead is better.

No Fair! No Fair, No Fair!

It's that damn road!

You've done it you stupid old man. Now you've got to undo it.

The barrier was not meant to be crossed. The ground is sour.



On a side note, what do you think of my button? Isn't it pretty.


Happy Viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment