Thursday, December 1, 2011

Village Of The Damned




An American village is visited by some unknown life form which leaves the women of the village pregnant. Nine months later, the babies are born, and they all look normal, but it doesn't take the "parents" long to realise that the kids are not human or humane.




Okay, for some reason this review felt hard to write, I don't know why so bear with me.

I've got to say the pacing was great and when moments called for something to happen something always did.

On a day the town was having a festival a major blackout happen....and I'm not talking about the lights. No, the towns people fainted/passed out for hours and no one knows why. Even if anyone tried to pass through the border of town, they too would faint. Sadly, during this a few died. Only one guy didn't go through this, but that's because he was out of town. But his wife, well she another story.

Apparently only eight women became pregnant, though I could have sworn there were more but whatever. How this came to be they don't know, all they know it all happen that day, the day of the blackout. Because of this a doctor, whom I believe works with the government, would like to learn more about these beings the town has meeting where she tells the people that were pregnant and their family's that they would get paid if they allowed them too. But first they had to make sure that they were going to keep them.....they all did of course.

So, you watch the babies grow within the mothers till they begin school. The kids are odd and most definitely do not fit in with the rest of the humans. Growing out white hair, having very pale skin with gray eyes. Plus, they can read minds every since they were little. Maturing fast they become their own and less active with humans, including their own families.

Of course with most creepy kids there has to be a leader and there is. Here name is Mara and that bitch can kill with just one look. If you hurt one of them she's there in no time to take care of what needs to be done to you. With the power of reading minds they can take over it and control your actions, so they of course use it to their advantage.

Many deaths occur through out the town, but as Mara says "It's Survival" for her people. Which is true but sometimes I think she was just having fun. Like when she was little she controlled her mom to throw her hand into a pot full of boiling water, why? I don't know.

Now I loved the death scenes they were probably the best thing about this movie but that was really it. It wasn't scary or suspenseful. I wasn't totally creeped out by the kids. They certainly weren't as creepy as the ones from The Children Of The Corn (original, mind you). It had it's moments but that was it, moments.

It was good but I believe, no I know, there's better out there. The acting was okay but I felt Kristie Ally could have brought more to her character. The kids did wonderful at being all heartless and what not. I just love Thomas Dekker he was such an adorable kid.

I give it,


       





What is that word you're thinking? What is empathy?... So if I have felt pain I should be able to identify with others who feel pain


No comments:

Post a Comment