Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: The First Evil

The First Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders #1) by R.L Stine
Publication Date: August 1st 1992
Genre: YA Horror
Pages: 166
Goodreads
Reread



Summary

"Give Me a D-I-E!"

Newcomers Corky and Bobbi Corcoran want more than anything to make the cheerleading squad at
Shadyside High. But as soon as the Corcoran sisters are named to the team, terrible things happen to the cheerleaders.
 
The horror starts with a mysterious accident near the Fear Street cemetery. Soon after, piercing screams echo through the empty school halls. And then the ghastly murders begin...

Can Corky and Bobbi stop the killer before the entire cheerleading squad is destroyed?


I was dying to read one of R.L Stines Fear Street books ever since I did my Daring You To Read post. I just love his stories of horror. Click here...

Fear Street Cheerleaders were, I Believe, the first books of his Fear Street collection I read which was back in 08'. So I thought this to be the perfect one to reread and dive back into the world I fell in love with. This started my little but growing collection of his teen horror. 

This was my first reread and I loved it. The characters, going through the motions with them. 

Bobbi, the oldest sister, is fun, prankster towards her little brother, and in love with cheerleanding but soon becomes a target from something unknown. Works at fitting in until she gets accused for a crime she tries to explain. She tries to tell people what's going on with her, mostly her sister Corky, but no one believes her and she starts to think she maybe going crazy. 

Corky, middle child & second daughter, is fun and always goes along with the pranks towards her brother. Loves cheerleading but isn't very excited about going to a new school (they both aren't). But they think cheerleading is a sure way to fit in except not everybody is keen in having them join. 

However, after the bus accident that hatred from those few cheerleaders grew stronger and that's when the unknown began. Told from mostly Bobbie and Corky we also get a few different points of views that help clue and hint us towards what's really going on. 

Not fully remembering every single detail (since I've read many books since then and it's been awhile) it was fun to follow those clues and see if I could guess. Plus, when I read some pages a light bulb would pop up in my mind and I loved remembering how those scenes played out making this even more of a blast.    

Not to over done with the horror so even non horror people can read this and truly enjoy it but I think it's just enough horror for horror lovers, plus, with it's cliff hangers at the end of every chapter making it a big page turner. I know when ever I said this was going to be my last chapter...well...we all know that wasn't going to happen.  





"It was like I was dead." he replied.
She stared into his eyes. "Huh?"
"It was like I was paralyzed or something I couldn't get my body to move, to do anything."


Two birds, One stone


No comments:

Post a Comment