Sunday, February 12, 2012

Review: Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb

Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb by M.J.A. Ware
Publication Date: September 4, 2011
Genre: YA Zombies
Pages: 204
Goodreads




Summary

When life gives you lemons, kill zombies -- turns out lemon juice neutralizes the undead.

After a failed attempt at running away, best friends Nathan and Misty return home expecting to face angry parents. Instead, they discover the military has destroyed the bridges out of their rural town and everyone's fled--except a small horde of the living dead. The stress of flesh-eating zombies may be more than their already strained relationship can handle.

Even with the help of the town geek and lemonade-powered Super-Soakers, there's not enough time to squeeze their way out of this sticky mess. Unless the trio eradicates the zombie infestation, while avoiding the deadly zombie snot, the military will blow the town, and them, to pulp.

Their only shot is something with a lot more punch. Something like the Super Zombie Juice Mega Bomb. But even if their friendship survives, there's another problem: Someone has to lure the undead into the trap.



I read a book in Kindle form and it didn't kill me.

Now does that mean I'm giving up my hard copies, hell no, but if there's a book I'm not totally sold on yet then I'll go for the cheapest version.


"Sorry. I, um, didn't think about what I was saying. I was sorta speechless."
"Then you should keep your mouth shut, Nate."

In the beginning I laughed because I was reading about two teenagers and teenagers can be funny (sometimes, depends on the people).

Anyways, Nate ( the point of view we get to read about) is trying to sneak in his best friend Misty one night but it doesn't go as planned. Which causes them to run away for their camping trip that happen to get canceled and is how they, of some people, didn't get evacuated from their small town when zombies started to become a harm to humans.

And.....oh no, underwear. "Why can't mom stay home and do laundry like a normal mother?"
"Do you ever actually listen to the stuff that comes out of your mouth?"

The action is fun, the sense of humor is there, a major page turner (every time I had a chance I would pick up my phone and read this bad boy), and one that the world needs to read. It's paced well, the action just in the right moments, the need for survival( first thing they think of is a place to be able to live in with lots of supplies) and there find of a way to kill them. Which I think to be very creative on Mr. Ware's part. Wouldn't have thought, being a girl whom watches a lot of zombies and knowing the rules of shooting them in the head, so it was cool to see another way of killing them. So thank you  MJA Ware for writing this fun young adult zombie book, for people like me to read.

I liked the characters, they start to survive fast and think on their feet. This is a hope for teenagers, whom are around more zombie themes than most, that should do well in a zombie crisis. At times I thought there might be a little romance between the two friends but it never reached that far, they were just there for each others comfort during this hell hole they're in. Was I disappointed about that? No. The main thing was zombies and the slight end of the world and I'm glad it stayed that way.

There's a favorite scene in here that I just have to talk about. It reminded me of my favorite horror movie, The Birds, and this scene gives me jitters of excitement. However, it is also a sad scene. Someone unexpected dies :(.  

Over all I totally loved and am happy with how it ended, with a slice of sense of humor. But I want more. Whether more of these characters or more of MJA Ware writing, which is lucky we get two bonus short stories along with this book. Yay. :)



"Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies...."


Happy Reading Everybody!


Two birds, One stone





     
Also my girl (sister) finally sees how I feel about writing reviews and she's having a blast.
Her first post and welcome to this blog is here.
You guys should totally go check it out. :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment