Saturday, March 17, 2012

Review: At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show

At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show by Jessica Verday
Pages: 29




Her contribution is "At the Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show" - a story about a girl who hunts monsters, vampires in drag, and cannibal girl scouts.



OhMyGod, ever since that description she wrote up there on her blog I just couldn't wait to read it.

Being a short story I took this today and read it while my head was soaking up the red dye. I couldn't put it down even with the noise going on around me in the beauty shop- it was that good!

Humor, action and fun new twist on some mythical creatures. Jane trying to prove to her family she can be more than just bait ends up of having a wirlwind of a night. Getting caught up with one monster after another. However, some might surprise you just as much as it surprised her and it just puts a smile on my face. :)

Simply perfect.

That's all I can say and that I can't wait to read other things by Jessica as this was a first. Oh, and you need to go get yourself a copy of this book, too. 




Two birds, One stone






























No comments:

Post a Comment