Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet





Summary


The world is changing: the government has seized control of every aspect of society, and now, kids are disappearing. For 15-year-old Wisty and her older brother Whit, life turns upside down when they are torn from their parents one night and slammed into a secret prison for no reason they can comprehend. The New Order, as it is known, is clearly trying to suppress Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Being a Normal Teenager. But while trapped in this totalitarian nightmare, Wisty and Whit discover they have incredible powers they'd never dreamed of. Can this newly minted witch and wizard master their skills in time to save themselves, their parents--and maybe the world?
This is the second book of James Patterson's that I read. I liked both of them, though the first one, The Dangerous Days of Daniel X, I thought was better.
How would you feel if you found out your parents had been keeping a secret from you all your life?

The two main characters, Wisty and her older brother Wit, were okay. I liked her more then him. At times he felt a little whine and a little to heartbroken. Other then that he was kinda witty, and brave when he needed to be, like his sister. 
The plot was decent and  set up pretty well for a sequel. The book is a mix of fantasy and a bit of dystopia. And no, just because it is dystopia doesn't mean it's like the hunger games. This book is nothing like the Hunger Games, believe me.
It's also not the next Harry Potter. I know some people said that, and it's not true. I read all of the Harry Potters, and other than the witch and wizard stuff, they're nothing alike.
Anyway, it's a fun read. If your a fan of fantasy or new to the fantasy genre, than this isn't a bad book to pick up.
I also recommend the author, James Patterson. I know his writing style might not be for everybody, but I think it's not bad.
 For my review ofThe Dangerous Days of Daniel X - click here


No comments:

Post a Comment