Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let's clear things up & I am a Book Hoarder: Book Tour edition (16)


Let’s clear things up…..
….When I first started this blog back in 2011 I wasn’t thinking of my future published self, so I didn’t think of the confusion that I might cause. This issue was brought to my attention by E. Van Lowe author of the Falling Angels Saga, Never Slow Dance with a Zombie, and The Zombie Always Knocks Twice (Hollyweird, #1). He twitted me but he didn’t know what to call me, Ashley or Dashley, so I am here to clear things up.
Back when I started, for some reason I decided to go by my nickname Dashley. I think it to be unique, thought it might make me stand out, and I was finally starting to love it (cause what kid loves their nicknames when they are kids, right?). However, I didn’t think of my published day on amazon, Nov. 27, 2012, when I choose to use that name. I didn’t see TheHarvesters by Ashley Hill being anything but an unfinished story placed away on my computer.
But here I am now, an indie author.
When the meme Know Me Better came back even I started to get a little confused. For my answers I marked an A by them indicating my real name Ashley. And the following week I did the same thing but I caught myself and went back to D for Dashley, this got me thinking. If I’m confusing myself than I sure as hell am confusing my readers and followers.
So, here I am to clear things up.
Thanks to E. Van Lowe for pointing out that my theory was right, that I am confusing other people besides myself, so here I am to say goodbye to Dashley (at least for the blog, that is) as everyone is knowing me by my real name Ashley now, thanks to my public work. And I am okay with this and I hope you, the readers, will be just okay with this change as I am. If you still call me by my nickname, Dashley, I am okay with that ^_^ and if you call me by my real name, Ashley, well then that’s just even better!  
So, as my signature down below will be Ashley now. I hope this clear some of the confusion! ^_^
Love all you guys, cause if it wasn’t for you guys than this blogging hobby wouldn’t be quite as fun! <3



Now, on to the books! ^_^

If you haven't notice, on the left side bar, I have quite a few book tours planned to be going on soon.

Now, I'll be talking about the tours in February as they are the lastest ones I have gotten!

We got a coupon for smashwords which is how I was able to turn this into a fun little (okay, it's not little but it goes with the sentence, haha) booklet!

 
Root Bound (Emma and the Elementals, #1)None of the Regular Rules



Barbire Girl by Heidi Acosta

Root Bound by Tanya Karen Gough

None Of The Regular Rules by Erin Downing


There you have it! What did you get this week?

Thanks for stopping by

&

Happy Reading Everybody!


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you're an author now! I'm guessing that your book is finished then. I'm sorry, I haven't been looking through your blog enough to know the answer already.
    Congratulations and I wish you the best!

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rivie- Hey, yes I am an author and it's almost reaching the second month mark of me being published! yee....yes it is and it's totally cool! ^_^

    Thanks and here's a link where you can get a review copy for it http://www.paranormalsisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/interested-in-my-horror-short-story.html

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete