Friday, January 25, 2013

{Movie} Review: A Haunted House


 
 
Malcolm and Kisha move into their dream home, but soon learn a demon also resides there. When Kisha becomes possessed, Malcolm - determined to keep his sex life on track - turns to a priest, a psychic, and a team of ghost-busters for help.
 
 
So today my boyfriend and I finally had the pleasure of going to see A Haunted House! :D We planned to do it yesterday but after everything and his physical training with the Marine center, we had no time or energy to do it so late in the evening. So the moment we could before he had to go to work today we took the shot! And what a great shot it was.
First off, it deals with one of the Wayans Brothers, so how can you not like it!?! Haha Second, it’s a parody of Paranormal Activity, which has to be the easiest thing to make fun of, right? Well, I think so.  
Anyways, right off the bat you’re laughing your asses off. With the first scene my boyfriend started to tear in the corner of his eyes cause he was laughing so hard. I seriously thought he was about to have a heart attack because of how hard he was cracking up. I laughed too but I laughed harder because of him! Laughing is contagious, ya know. ^_^
But forewarning, after that scene it somewhat slows down on the hilariousness but it will get better, I promise. The funniness of this movie thankfully isn’t gritty funny and it isn’t overly stupid funny. It is just the right amount of sick humor, nothing quite over the top to the point where you’ll want to shut it off. So anyone with a sense of humor I thoroughly believe you will enjoy this! Again, it’s freaking Marlon Wayan!!! Hello, White Chicks anyone…..
Overall, this was a blast of a watch and seeing my boyfriend laugh like crazy….well, that just makes my day. All the characters were fun and I just loved who they brought to the big screen. They all mixed well and made this an enjoyable watch, an enjoyable time that I shared with my amazing boyfriend!
When the girlfriend became possessed that’s when the chill of the movie comes in play. The switch from over hilarious to creepy and still a small dose of funny was smooth and made this movie so much better as I just love creepy! (haha I know, I’m creepy myself for saying that).
Anyways, a must see though a little heads up there are “sex scenes” but they aren’t overly done. You don’t see anything and it just all part of the laughs. Yes, there is a shot of boobs but all you see is really the shape nothing more, so a little nudity but mainly just butt scenes of the actors (the male dorks of this movie, haha) and it’s all just part of the fun! But I just thought to caution you!   
 
 
Go see it for a laugh, we all need one once in a while
 
 
 
Happy Viewing Everybody!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment