Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Review: Marked by P.C Cast & Kristin Cast


 
 
Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C Cast & Kristin Cast
Publication Date: May 1st 2007
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 306
 
 
Summary
 
The House of Night series is set in a world very much like our own, except in 16-year-old Zoey Redbird's world, vampyres have always existed. In this first book in the series, Zoey enters the House of Night, a school where, after having undergone the Change, she will train to become an adult vampire -- that is, if she makes it through the Change. Not all of those who are chosen do. 
 
It's tough to begin a new life, away from her parents and friends, and on top of that, Zoey finds she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess, Nyx. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school's most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny--with a little help from her new vampyre friends.
 
 
 
Okay, I may have liked this a lot more when I first started out reading….
….but now, it just feels like most paranormal reads.
First off, sometimes I am okay with “cliché” but that’s only if the story is so good and there is actually shit going on and it distracts you away from the “clichés”. This one sadly did not. Yes, it had its moments at holding me in the story lines but nothing happen till the end! >_<
 
 
So, bottom line. Girl gets turned and now has to go away and learn how to be this new thing. She finds out she’s the best of the best and the mean girl isn’t having it. Totally wannabe teenage drama happens, blah, blah, blah. Main girl has to take down the mean girl but that doesn’t happen cause most of the book she is planning on what to do and about like ¾ in the book some kind of weird shit starts happening but we won’t know what till the next book and then the big shebang happens at the end, hoping to grip you in buying the next book.
There you go! There’s what it all comes down to. I feel like I’m being mean? *shrugs* Oh, well. It’s my honest opinion. Now, I’m not saying it’s horrible. It’s not all that bad. I liked the new twist on how they get turned into vamps. Instead of the usually of being bitten, some creepy vamp comes along, says some shit and points to you, giving you the mark. Interesting, right? I liked the second hand characters, the gay boy (he was a blast and I would love him as a friend myself) the two roommates that act like twins, and Zoey’s roommate was sweet and an understanding person. I pretty much liked everyone but the main girl.
I didn’t even remember her name, I had to pop up to Goodreads to figure it out haha. Now doesn’t that say something? Most times I felt like she was a child. One example, poopie. Yea, she said that instead of poop (sorry for being disgusting) but come on! Be a man and just say poop instead of acting like a two year old!
Overall, it had its moments but I’m not dying to read the second one yet. I’ll probably pick it up when nothing else out of my TBR perks my interest. Wow, this review was fun to write haha. I honestly don’t see what the big deal was about this book. It’s just another option out there and one I see that has run for way too long, just saying.
My opinion, if you are dying for a great vampire book pick up Drink Slay Love or start the Vampire Academy series. Now, those are some kick ass vampire books! :D
 
Happy Reading Everybody!
 
Cheers!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment