Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (55)


 
 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.--BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS. Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title & author, so others can add to their TBR list if they like your teasers.

Our Teasers This Week. . .
 
 
“The punishments my parents dish out aren’t worth the rebellion,” he says with a shudder, as if he’s picturing being waterboarded or having toes chopped off or something. He’s an adult and his parents still punish him? Uh, he really needs to get a life. Of course, I’m only two months away from being eighteen and I’m doing my father’s bidding, so who am I to judge?
-from page 72, Daynight
 
 
"Unless I’d felt that mind-blowing, world-altering connection with her, I wouldn’t have even considered it. If I’m going to be with someone forever, she’s got to be the one and only, you know. And this girl is, no question,” he says. “She’s all I can think about.”
-from page 72, Daynight by Megan Thomason
 
 

daynight
 



Then I smelled it. Something smelled amazing— hot and sweet and delicious.

Was Heath wearing new cologne? One of those weird pheromone things that are supposed to attract women like a big genetically engineered bug zapper? I didn’t realize how close I was to him until he stood up straight and our bodies were almost pressed together. He looked down at me, a question in his eyes.

 I didn’t back away from him. I should have. I would have before . . . but not now. Not today.

“Zo?” he said softly, his voice deep and husky.

“You smell really good,” I couldn’t stop myself from saying. My heart was pounding so loud that I could hear its echo in my throbbing temples.

“Zoey, I’ve really missed you. We need to get back together. You know I really love you.” He reached up to touch my face and both of us noticed the blood that smeared the palm of his hand.

 
-from page 14, Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C Cast & Kristin Cast


Marked (House of Night, #1)


Happy Reading Everybody!

 
 
 
 
 
It was like one of those dreams where you try to scream and it takes several tries to make a sound. "Captain Byrne!" Her voice seemed small against the howl of the fire. She pointed. "It is a fire. Look."
 
-from page 32, The Demon King
 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment