Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (56)


 
 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.--BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS. Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away. You don't want to ruin the book for others.
  • Share the title & author, so others can add to their TBR list if they like your teasers.
 
Our Teasers This Week. . .
 
 

Gemma lay there for a minute, staring up at the stars while Alex squirmed in embarrassment next to her. She didn’t say anything at first, because she wasn’t sure what to say or what to make of his random admission.
“Did you…you just called me pretty,” Gemma said finally, her tone questioning.
“Yeah, I didn’t…” Alex sat up, as if trying to put some distance between them. “I don’t know why I said that. It just slipped out.”
“It just slipped out?”
 
-from page 57, Wake
 
 
 
“You really do hate me, don't you? I mean, destroying someone's ice-cream cone? That's vicious."
Her cheeks reddened. "I didn't see you there. Honestly." She wiped at his shirt more frantically, as if she could prevent it from staining if she rubbed hard enough.
"Oh, now I see your plan, and it's far more devious than I thought." Daniel smirked. "You were looking for an excuse to grope me.”
-from page 82, Wake by Amanda Hocking
 
 
 
 

I just freaking adore the romances in Wake! Amanda Hocking did a fabulous job on them and I just love both the forming couples! *swoon* They feel so real and I cannot wait to pick up the second book, Lullaby. These couples are a hoot and they’ll just put a smile on your face! <3
 
 
 

You’re the one, aren’t you? A girl’s voice came from nowhere.

The sound of her jacked with the hair on his neck and sent a slither of cold down his arms. The way she whispered- from inside his ear- made him look around, expecting to see her. Her whisper lingered like soft breath on his skin- something intimate and pure- but no one stood next to him.

 

-from page 13, Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane
 
 

Indigo Awakening (The Hunted, #1)
 
 
Happy Teasing Everybody!
 
Cheers!
 
 
 
 
Their hoods were pulled foward, obscuring their faces (if they even hed faces), and they wore black leather gloves so there was nothing about them to even suggest they were human. They seemed to glow through the misting rain, smears of light all around them that spoke of sorcery.
 
 
-from page 290, The Demon King
 




 


2 comments:

  1. They all seem like good books. I have Amanda's book series My Blood Approves on my TBR shelf but I still haven't read it.

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rivie- I love her series Watersong, Trylle, and Hollowland! I have yet to dive into that series but I would like to.

    If you're into sirens and what not then I think you'll enjoy Wake! ^_^ I have yet to really get into Indigo Awakening but I hope to soon.

    Thanks for stopping by again, I enjoy reading your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete