Friday, February 1, 2013

February Random Reads (2)


 
Hosted by I'm Loving Books!
 
What is Random Reads?

In short, Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. I’m on Goodreads so I’m using a combination of the sorting feature and Random.org to pick the book I’m going to read.
 
 
 
I had so much fun doing this last month, that I couldn’t even wait to pick my reads for this month. I picked them like halfway through last month. Hee hee! :D
So, what I picked/read last month:
The Curse Girl by Kate Avery Ellison- Omg, you guys I freaking adored this one. The whole thing was so magical that I breezed right through, I just couldn’t get enough!
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs- Wow, with every series she just get better and better. This has got to be one of my favorites of hers. I have yet to write a review but I plan to soon so keep a look out for it!
Now, for this month picks:
 
~The Picks~
 
 The Farm (The Farm, #1)

The Farm (The Farm #1) by Emily McKay
Publication Date: December 4th 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 420
 
Summary

Life was different in the Before: before vampires began devouring humans in a swarm across America; before the surviving young people were rounded up and quarantined. These days, we know what those quarantines are—holding pens where human blood is turned into more food for the undead monsters, known as Ticks. Surrounded by electrical fences, most kids try to survive the Farms by turning on each other…

And when trust is a thing of the past, escape is nearly impossible.

Lily and her twin sister Mel have a plan. Though Mel can barely communicate, her autism helps her notice things no one else notices—like the portion of electrical fence that gets turned off every night. Getting across won’t be easy, but as Lily gathers what they need to escape, a familiar face appears out of nowhere, offering to help…

Carter was a schoolmate of Lily’s in the Before. Managing to evade capture until now, he has valuable knowledge of the outside world. But like everyone on the Farm, Carter has his own agenda, and he knows that behind the Ticks is an even more dangerous threat to the human race...
 
 






 Now, this next one I really hope I can get to and with me putting it on her motivates me to do that. Also, signing up for the book tour over at Xpresso Book Tours will help. I am just dying to read this as the reviews from friends/fellow bloggers are just great and they just have been beaming with love and excitement and I just need to read it myself now. Check out Ali’s review for it over at Ginger-Read Reviews!
Here’s a favorite quote of mine from her review- “Her New Year's resolution is a short list of firsts: kill a vampire, get drunk, kiss a boy, lose virginity. And let me tell you, Jefford holds back nothing on the virginity scene. It is the most realistic take on a girl 'losing it' that I've ever read in a book. So any virgins out there that want to know what it's really like, read this book!”
If that just doesn’t make you want to read this book so badly than I don’t know what would. Haha
 
 
Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #1) by Nikki Jefford
Publication Date: December 9th 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Pages: 242
Summary
 
If there is one thing eighteen-year-old Aurora Sky wants, it’s to get off the iceberg she calls home. Being kissed before she graduates wouldn’t hurt either.

Then a near-fatal car wreck changes everything. Government agents step in and save Aurora’s life in exchange for her services as a vampire hunter. In Alaska. Basically she’s a glorified chew toy. All thanks to her rare blood type, which sends a vampire into temporary paralysis right before she has to finish the job… by hand.

Now Aurora’s only friends are groupies of the undead and the only boy she can think about may very well be a vampire. And if he’s a vampire, will she be forced to kill him?


 
So, there you have it! Those are my random reads for this month, what’s yours? I would love to know! :D
Happy Picking Everybody!
Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment