Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: The Raid (The Eden Trilogy #0.6) by Keary Taylor


The Raid (Eden, #0.6)
 
The Raid (The Eden Trilogy #0.6) by Keary Taylor
Publication Date: February 24th 2013
Genre: YA Dystopain
 
 
~Summary~
 
Cities have become the most dangerous places on Earth, infested with thousands of Bane, and people must now survive in the mountains and wilderness. But ammunition and medicine are essential to survival and they don’t grow on trees. Eve, as an elite defender of Eden, must go on a raid with a small team into the city for supplies that will keep their people alive. But this dangerous world is evolving and the rules that once kept them safe are changing.

THE RAID is a 3,000 word short story in THE EDEN TRILOGY. Book one, THE BANE, will be available March 5, 2013.
 
 ~My Thoughts~
 
 
When I saw that this short was free on amazon I jumped the gun on it. I was accepted to review The Bane (The Eden Trilogy #1) on NetGalley and sadly have yet to get to it but thankfully Keary gave her fans a free short sneak peek into the revision world she has created.
 
I am one of the few that have yet to read the original, Eden, so I am new to this written world of hers. I do have it on my kindle but now with its new makeover I am more than excited to get to it. So with no comparison to the original, I give you this review.
 
I loved it! It felt real and Mrs. Taylor created a perfectly vivid picture for us readers. I honestly felt like it was me hiding from the Bane and it was my bullet that slipped from my pocket that had created the attention towards us. So yea, this short has some great tension which makes this a fun sitting on the edge read and one where I can't wait to dive head first into the novel of this world.
 
I don't want to say much more about this as it is short but I will say a few short things. Don't expect much character development as this is just a little piece of the whole puzzle, though I am sure this shines some light onto the novels many mysteries. If you are one of the many bookworms out there that are excited to read The Bane then you most certainly should get this as this is a great little sneak peek to the young dystopian world Mrs. Taylor has created. And finally this most definitely will make you crave to read onto the novel and even the other short, The Ashes, that was taken place before this.
 
All I can say is that I have many questions, I want to know more about The Bane and their odd quirks, I notice that Mrs. Taylor has grown within her writing and I truly love it when I see a great author be able to do that, and lastly I give this  
 

 It will take possession over you
 
 
 
 
 
Keary Taylor 
 
 
 Keary Taylor grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now resides on a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and their two young children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequently keeps her up at night. She is the author of the FALL OF ANGELS trilogy, EDEN, and WHAT I DIDN'T SAY. To learn more about Keary and her writing process, please visit www.KearyTaylor.com.

Keary’s books have landed on numerous Amazon top 100 lists. Her novel BRANDED was the number one bestselling Kindle book in the fantasy genre. In addition she has been listed on Amazon’s 100 most popular fantasy authors. She was listed in The Wall Street Journal in December of 2011 as a “Self-published Big Seller” alongside Amanda Hocking and John Locke. Her novel EDEN (republished as THE BANE in 2013) has been optioned for a major motion picture by Mark Morgan (The TWILIGHT saga) and Kami Garcia (BEAUTIFUL CREATURES).
 
 
Stalk her!
 
 
 
 
Happy Reading Everybody!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment