Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (5)....I just had to buy them!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.



This weeks Top Ten topic is:

Top 10 Books I Just Had to Buy But Are Still on My Shelf Unread




Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- I still remember when I got this which was back in Nov. 2011. Yea, it's been that long ha-ha. When it was first talked about the great reviews were just coming in from every angle of the Blogging world, so when I saw it was 20% off at Target and I grabbed it like it was a bat out of hell ha-ha. Sadly, I have yet to get to it -_-, but soon I hope to!

The Help by Kathryn Stockett- Again, Nov. 2011 at Target. Good reviews were coming out but the real hype was from the upcoming movie for it, again I believe it was on sale so I grabbed it. The saddest part about this story is that Tasha has gotten to it before me and it's my book ha-ha, so good I know.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner- I don't know when I got this but it is another where Tasha has read it before me ha-ha. She loved it. At the time when I got it, the hype was huge so one day I just finally bought it sometime last year ha-ha. If the plans go well, then this is going to be another book-to-movie adaption, so before that happens I would like to get to it.

Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions by Various authors- I did get it for only two authors but I feel like I should read the rest of the short stories, however, I just can't seem to want to get to it ha-ha *shrugs*

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams- There was hype around it for a while but the main reason why I got it in early 2012 was for the reading challenges I signed up for. Yea, I sucked at them, meaning this was left untouched.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs- Yea, hype was good and everyone was talking about those creepy pictures within the book but what really pushed me over the edge to wanting this book was the trailer. *squeal* I just loved it, however, I once started reading it but it didn't grab me right away. Hopefully when I have a go at it again, I'll devour it ^_^


Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep- Boy oh boy, this series is just so hyped up in the blogging world that when I saw it at Raley's I just had to get it, last year ha-ha. Yea, we saw where it ended up *rolls eyes* But I do want to get to it

Cinder by



and lastly,

The Farm by  Emily McKay- Got Dec. 31, 2012. Went shopping at Barnes with our Christmas gift cards, with the hype I just grabbed it off the shelf. I was actually supposed to read it last month but other readings got in the way of it. Maybe soon though

 I have quite a big TBR pile but these were the biggest must haves from the hype swirling in the book blogging world. Though hopefully with my plan to doing a monthly pile clean up challenge I am creating for myself, I'll be able to get to them all real soon! ^_^

Happy Unread Pile Day!

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Haha, we have a book in common. I bought Miss Peregrine's too and need to read it.

    Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BookCupid- Haha, well if you get to it before me then I can't wait to see what you have to say about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gone series! They are pretty big books but they will suck you right in. I say go for it! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1sh

    ReplyDelete
  4. @rockyriverteenlibrarian -I agree. It sucked me in and after awhile, it didn't seem that long.

    ReplyDelete