Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: The Ashes (The Eden Trilogy #0.5) by Keary Taylor

The Ashes (Eden, #0.5)
 
The Ashes (The Eden Trilogy #0.5) by Keary Taylor
Publication Date: March 5th 2013
Genre: YA Dystopian
Source: Amazon Kindle (Free)
 
 
~Summary~
 
One week ago I thought I knew exactly how I was going to spend the rest of my life: looking at the gray walls of a prison cell. Figuring out how to survive the apocalypse wasn’t something I’d planned for.

Yet here I was, getting a second chance at the end of the world.

The Ashes is the 10,000 word prequel to The Eden Trilogy.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
I kind of went into this short story blind and doing so I was quite confused throughout the beginning. I didn't know who I was reading about or for the fact I was a guy. With hints here and there I started to put the puzzle together. I'm a guy who is in jail and since the doors have come unlocked for us, the world is turning into shit inside and outside of the walls of the prison I am in.
 
Once I saw the picture a bit more clearly I was able to get into it. However a thing still got me confused and bugged me throughout the ending of the book. The main guy we are seeing our eyes through, he finds his uncle's shotgun but somehow during some pages later his uncle's shotgun gets turned into a rifle?!?! And then it gets turned back into a shotgun again, so this edit element distracted me to the T. But other than that I saw no other major edit problems.
 
Overall this was a nice tale for this awesome and entertaining unique series that I am enjoying quite much. I can't wait to have my chance to read The Bane as I am sure to love it. In this we'll still get a glimpse at the creepiness of the Bane but we also get a hint of what have maybe caused this new disease too. Though at the end I was hoping this character might turn into one of the main characters in the novel. I don't believe so but as I haven't read the novel yet I can't really judge this element. However I did like the ending as it did tie itself to the novel as we get to see some of those characters in their younger age.
 


Will disturb your being
 
Happy Reading y'all!
 

2 Birds, 1 Stone

YA 2013 Reading Challenge
Dystopian 2013 Reading Challenge
 


No comments:

Post a Comment