Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Bad Taste In Boys (Kate Grable #1) by Carrie Harris

Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)
 
Bad Taste In Boys (Kate Grable #1) by Carrie Harris
Publication Date: July 12th 2011
Genre: YA PAranormal/Zombies
Pages: 201
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
 
 
~Summary~
 
Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies.
 
No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town . . . and stay hormonally human
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Well, this was pretty good. It had its zombie action, its enemies, and its creepy detail. For instance, during a fundraiser a women placed her hand on a grill plate and her skin cooked. Melted onto the plate and the main gal peeled it off with a spatula while the women didn’t even feel any pain.
Yeah, I think I forgot the main characters name but it’s been a while. Also, because in some aspects of the book she seemed smarter than me so I couldn't really connect with her. And then there were other moments she became a "dumb blonde" which led me to roll my eyes. I don't know, this character really didn't stand out to me and now thinking for this review the book wasn't that great, I might just decrease my rating.
I like the story idea but I don't know if it was played out just right. I mean, I saw who the bad guys were in no time but the main gal didn’t yet she's supposed to have a 4.0 GPA. Okay maybe she didn't see who it was because she's better with books than people but I mean, come on. The bad guy is right there under your nose.
Overall it was just okay and I will read the next book in the series however I'm not dying to read it. The zombie part of the book was great and all of the action of it had me turning the pages. However certain other elements of the book kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Like the romance, the guy she's been crushing on for forever finally says something to her when she starts looking into who’s hurting the football team. Oh yeah, did I mention he's also the quarterback of the team, ugh. Can't it be a sweet, adorable, funny geek who is secretly working on his body so he can impress the girls. Why must it always have to be the most popular boy in school? Oh and of course he's not the only other guy noticing her now *rolls eyes*. So, it of course had some cliché moments. But best part of this book is that it’s a short, action packed read and you'll be done with it in no time.
 
 
Gives you a good haunting
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!



1 comment:

  1. Again! Completely agree with your review! This book wasn't bad. But it wasn't anything explosive either. But I probably will be picking up the second installment, even though I'm in no rush to do so soon.

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete