Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: Revenge Of the Witch

Revenge of the Witch ( The Last Apprentice #1) by Joseph Delaney
Publication Date: July 1, 2004
Genre: Teen Fantasy
Pages: 343


 
Summary

For years, Old Gregory has been the Spook for the county, ridding the local villages of evil. Now his time is coming to an end. But who will take over for him? Twenty-nine apprentices have tried—some floundered, some fled, some failed to stay alive.

Only Thomas Ward is left. He's the last hope, the last apprentice.
 
 
Okay, so this has been on my shelf for over a year. It keep getting pushed to the bottom of my list as more books came out that I wanted to read more than this one. It finally got it's turn. And I enjoyed it.
 
 
I enjoyed the plot, the writing is only okay. There were a lot of reminders of what already happened and over explanations happened often. It was defiantly written for a little younger crowd. But I think it could scare younger kids. Most of the parts are watered down, but I could still see it giving them nightmares.
 
 
Tom, the main character, is relatable. There isn't a whole lot of depth to him, but he is still likable. The Spook is fun, and Alice is okay. None of them had a lot of development, but this I only the first book in the series.
 
It is a quick and easy read. It does have a good plot, but the characters could use some work. But I can see the world the author is trying to make. I see the potential of this series. I will read the next book. And hopefully it doesn't take me another to years to read it.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment