Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Wicked Games (Games #1) by Jessica Clare

Wicked Games
 
Wicked Games (Games #1) by Jessica Clare
Publication Date: March 4th 2011
Genre: Adult Romance
Pages: 158
Format: Kindle
Source: Free from Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Abby Lewis never pictured herself on the survival game show, Endurance Island. She’s just not the ‘survival’ type. But when her boss offers her a spot on the show and the opportunity of a lifetime, she packs her bags and heads to the tropics to be a contestant. Once in the game, though, it’s clear that Abby’s in over her head.

No one’s more competitive than sexy, delicious – and arrogant – Dean Woodall. Sure, he’s clever, strong, good at challenges, and has a body that makes her mouth water. He also hates Abby just as much as she hates him. That’s fine with her; she’ll just ignore the jerk.

But the rules of Endurance Island are working against them. Abby and Dean are teamed up – alone – on the beach. It’s either work together, or go home. Stuck with no one’s company but their own, they learn they might just make a good team after all.

And Abby learns that with just a little bit of kindling, the flames of hate can quickly turn to flames of passion…

This book features enemies, lovers, enemies who become lovers, and lots and lots of tropical heat…
 
 Free on Amazon

 
~My Thoughts~


I'm hooked to Lost so I was just dying to read this book. I used to watch like teen endurance, so I knew I would be enjoying this one.
Wicked Games is a whirlwind of action, scheming, and sexy love making. In the beginning it gets right to the point, them asking Abby to join the games. She wasn't into it till they told her that afterwards she would get a chance at a book deal (she’s a book reviewer) writing about her experience on the island. But once she gets on that island and deep into the games, she forgets all about the perks of joining and falls for a guy she thought was so out of her league.
I absolutely enjoyed the games, though some could have been more exciting but I know there has to be one sort of simple one. However, I enjoyed the most of them. Watching Abby and Dean work together was hilarious! In the early stages of the game, Abby threw little cans of paint at him after a challenge because he was being such a dick, ugh, but this act of hers led the others to believe that they were weak, not a problem for them, setting up an act that they used against the others in hopes of staying longer on the island.
Honestly as the story went on I didn't see the real connection the author made them seem like they had. I didn't feel them really getting to know each other. I only saw them get to know how they are in the game of survival. Though I was excited when they did finally get together "together" (hey, I'm almost 21 so this girl can get excited for that kind of scene ;) haha). But like I said, I was kind of sad that I didn't feel that true connection, I just felt like it was all lust. After their first, steamy time together, they finally started to ask questions about each other. But I don't know, I felt like it was kind of late, a small part of me though. They asked the questions I've been wanting to see however I feel like most have been hidden behind a curtain, the author only showed so much before moving quickly to the next scene.
Abby was one that wasn’t confident in the beginning of the games but Dean changed that for her. Dean was a dick but he starts to become someone you could love. The rest of the cast were exactly like what you would see as if you were actually watching a survival show right now. So if you're a fan of them then you'll no doubt be hooked into this free book in no time. Overall this was an enjoyable novella. I see there is a new one written by this author. I so want it! Oh also, later in the book I felt like when Abby confronted Dean she was a bit too harsh.
 
Will disturb your being
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment