Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Review: Cinderella is Evil by Jamie Campbell

Cinderella is Evil
 
Cinderella is Evil by Jamie Campbell
Publication Date: March 29th 2013
Genre: YA Fairy Tales
Pages: 30
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
History is told from one person’s perspective. Sometimes they don’t get it right.

Ugly Stepsister Anna has wrongly been accused of being mean and evil. Now it is time she got the opportunity to tell her side of the story.

With Cinderella so perfect and wonderful, it is no wonder Anna feels ugly in comparison. Dealing with bullies, a grumpy mother and the death of her step-father, Anna is at her wits end.

When the Prince’s ball approaches, Anna is told she must find a husband to save the family fortune. Attending with her sisters, the sulky Prince Charming only has eyes for Cinderella.

With the burden of being the only one to unite her step-sister with the Prince, will Anna act as cupid? Or will she protect Cinderella from the arrogant Charming?

A charming twist to the story of Cinderella, told completely from the point of view of the Ugly Step-Sister.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
It was nice seeing the side of one of the evil stepsisters from Cinderella. Though if you don't like reading about whiny, sulking, sour girls then this isn't your book. But if you love watching the underdog.....or undergirl, get her happily ever after then this is your book.
I did enjoy this but sometimes, even for me, her depressed self got to me and I wished she had just a little bit of confidence. Though I do understand why the character was like this, so I ignored it. The world building was there but sometimes I didn't know where her story was going to go. Look I don't want to bash this, or seem like I am, because I really did like it. I couldn't put it down but there are a few things why I’m just not fully satisfied.
Like, how I thought we would see more of Cinderella but what we did get suited the story too. However the one thing I didn't like the most was that Anna pronounces her love for a certain person just out of the blue. If the author would have thrown hints here and there then I would have enjoyed it a lot more. If he was the real reason why she didn't want to be married to the prince or any other guy, then that would have helped so much.
Though I'm glad everyone did get their happily ever. My final thought is, it was enjoyable and the authors writing can pull you in (even though I think in some sentences, words that were next each other had to switch around the make things flow better, but that could just be me). Also, the title can catch anyone’s interest but I also think it made me think this story was going to go another way with a big twist. So, that helped me with not fully being satisfied, it's very misleading. Though this is a fast read and who doesn't love those once in a while.

 
Gives you a good haunting


Thanks for stopping by!

Sweet Readings Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment