Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: Fins are Forever (Fins #2) by Tera Lynn Childs

Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
 
Fins are Forever (Fins #2) by Tera Lynn Childs
Publication Date: June 28th 2011
Genre: YA Fantasy
Pages: 262
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
 
 
~Summary~
 
On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
This series is starting to fall a little short to Mrs. Childs latest series, The Medusa Girls. I enjoyed this sequel for her mermaid series but I don't believe it’s as strong as the other series. But anyways, let’s talk about this one.
I loved the first one. However, this one just wasn't as great. Still enjoyable but I saw things coming before they were revealed to our main gal. Yes, there were things I didn't see coming so I was grateful for that but certain big "twists" I did, which caused me to roll my eyes. Other than that, the plot was still very intriguing and the characters played their roles just wonderfully.
This storyline is very light and fluffy, so if you don't like these kind then this might not be your book. For me, I'm torn. It’s a fun and fast read but sometimes I felt like it was a little childish. And I think its cause the authors latest series is just so different and more in depth from her other works, that I prefer that one over this light mermaid tale, which is sad because I truly do enjoy this storyline. So, I'm just torn. Completely.
Overall, Lily's underwater world is just so mesmerizing as always and it'll put a smile on your face. I loved those scenes when she was down there but at the same time I always felt bad that Quince couldn't follow her. I still love Quince, he's always there for her and stands behind her with every decision she makes. Though later in the book, if you love them together you may become heartbroken like I did. He just doesn't think he's worthy of her, thinks she deserves better, and that’s just so heartbreaking (don't worry, I didn't spoil anything).
I feel like I should say more but I just can’t find the words and I don’t want to spoil anything. But if you loved the first book then I think you should definitely continue this fantasy series.
 
Will disturb your being
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment