Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf #1) by Kenya Wright

Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf, #1)
 
Incubus Hunter (Erotic Elf #1) by Kenya Wright
Publication Date: February 13th 2012
Genre: Adult Paranormal Erotic
Pages: 92
Format: Kindle
Source: Free on Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Whispers swirl throughout the underworld of Carmen, the fanged elf with the violet eyes. They say she hunts incubus demons, not for money, but to clear a debt with a powerful wizard.

But time is winding down. Carmen has five days to clear the balance or she loses her daughter. Desperation forces her to go after Blaze. He’s worth two million dollars dead or alive.

The hunt begins. She spots him and sets a seductive trap. It’s just business as usual—until she ends up capturing so much more.
 
 
 
~My Thoughts~


What Hooked Me:
The steamy scenes and beware, there are a lot of them. One in every chapter and they'll make you melt ;)
 
What Didn't Hook Me:
Sadly, a lot of this made me cringe. Starting with the author constantly saying Incubus demon. No, an Incubus is a kind of demon so there's no need for the word "demon" to come after "Incubus". You could let us readers know it’s a demon but after that you can drop that word.
I felt like the main plot got side stepped and the supposed romance took over. The main gal is trying to get her daughter back from a demon but I felt like she lost her passion to get her back once the horny Incubus came into the scene. So the storyline started to go downhill for me.
Next the Incubus got a little too possessive for me. I understand sex is what makes him survive but sometimes I felt like he was too forward and I got uncomfortable. Him constantly calling her "mine" was a bit disturbing. She never said she was yours, so you constantly saying that isn't hot, at least not for me. So if you like the possessive type then this guy is for you.
Also I don't see how these two fell in love. You guys having sex a dozen times does not make you fall in love. Just means you guys are good at pleasuring each other. I don't see the romance that made you guys fall.
Lastly, this needs major editing. Not just grammar wise, but adding in more detail. Especially in the beginning, there I felt like a lot of sentences didn't really finish through with what the author was thinking so it might get a little confusing.
Overall this started off good but went downhill for me. Some of the tale was there, hooking me but after a while it got lost with other things distracting from it. I don't regret reading but I am grateful it was free on Amazon.


It will make you shrill



Sweet Readings Everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment