Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Unbound (Spellbound #2) by Lola James

Unbound
 
Unbound (Spellbound #2) by Lola James
Publication Date: June 13th 2012
Genre: New Adult/Adult Paranormal Romance
Format: Kindle/PDF
Source: Author
 
 
~Summary~
 
Toni went from being a doctor, to the lover of a god in an instant. Remembering who she was, she's now torn between her past self and her current love. Ben is stunned when Toni leaves and at the arrival of his long lost love, Catherine, but her arrival doesn't eradicate Toni from his mind. Unlikely allies will team up to get Toni back from the Lord of the Underworld, Hades, but it's not Hades they need to worry about.
 
 
~My Thoughts~

*Was given an copy from the author for my honest opinions*


I believe the Spellbound series by Lola James has so much potential to be more than what it is if the author would just let the storylines breathe.

Unbound is just as fast as Bound to Remember, the first in this series. This installment starts off right where the first one ended, Toni getting her past life back. With her getting her memory back comes a new passion, her love for Hades. And they move their love straight to the bed, yes there is a passionate scene but I'm torn with it. I'm just torn, really. It was a good scene however with her falling for a guy in the first book, yet all of a sudden she's in love with another guy in this one, it just doesn't sit well with me. Actually in this one there are three guys that are in love with her.....yes, because that can happen in real life. And I mean, for them to truly be in love with her.
I'm really loving the twist and turns in this book, though. This storyline went somewhere I didn't see coming, so I'm constantly hooked and immersed in the world Mrs. James has created for us. In this one we dive deeper into the Greek mythology side of things and I'm excited to see where this series is going next.
I think the only things I have a problem with is the fastness of the storyline, the three guys in love with Toni, how Toni loves two guys and sleeps with both of them at one point in the book, and maybe just the little bit of edit problems here and there. Other than that I really enjoyed this one. Can't wait for the next! 
 
3.5 Bats
Gives you a good haunting
 



Sweet Readings Everybody!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment