Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Unusual Character Names

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

 
This weeks Top Ten topic is:
 
Top 10 unusual character names we've encountered


I haven’t done this meme in forever! But this topic perked my interest and got me thinking of those unusual names I have encountered. So here I go!

Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door: I love him, I do! However who names their kid cricket? I guess only people in San Fran do? Haha
Remy from Hollowland: I like it but back when I read this book, I’ve never heard of it before. Since then I think I’ve only seen it a couple other times, it’s just a very unique name
Katniss from The Hunger Games: I’m sure this is going to be on a lot of lists haha. We love you girl, we do, it’s just that name is odd for us
Rhine from The Chemical Garden Trilogy: Again, another name I’m sure that’s going to make a lot of lists haha
Trella from the Insiders series: It sounds like trail, maybe for this story it has a meaning behind it *shrugs*. I like it but I feel like I can see she would get picked on for the sound of her name, again *shrugs* haha
Andromeda from Colonization by Aubrie Dionne: This book takes place in the future and deals with alien beings, so yeah, this name is perfect for this book haha. Thank god for her nickname or I would have never been able to get through it.
Lastly, (I’m sure if I look harder, there’ll be more, but for now this is it) any name from The Hunger Games series

Let me know what your unusual names you have encountered, I would love to know!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment