Thursday, November 7, 2013

November Random Reads

 
Hosted by I'm Loving Books!
 
What is Random Reads?

In short, Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. I’m on Goodreads so I’m using a combination of the sorting feature and Random.org to pick the book I’m going to read.
 
 
You guys, I can't believe the last Random Reads I did was all the way back in February! So, I think since I adore this meme, I shall get back into the groove of it! :D
 
But this time I'm going to be doing something different! Instead of just randomly picking two books from my TBR pile, I'm going to be picking two different books from different piles! My Received for Review (cause I feel bad that I'm slow to getting to the novels) and TBR pile, as I seriously need to make both of those piles smaller! So, here we go!
 
February Picks:
 
The Farm: This one I didn't get to reading and still haven't gotten to it. I know! I really need to with all the love I've been seeing. Hopefully soon! Maybe I'm scared of my high expectations haha.
 
Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #1): I really enjoyed this one! Some things took me by surprised and that can be good sometimes. I really need to get to the second one soon!   
 
Now for this months picks:
 
~The Picks~
 
I'm really excited for this one! I've been wanting to read this for forever now and when I got it from Netgalley/Author, I was so freaking thrilled! *happy dances*
 
Happy Birthday to Me (Birthday Trilogy, #1)
 
Happy Birthday To Me (Birthday Trilogy #1) by Brain Rowe
Publication Date: April 5th 2011
Genre: Young Fantasy
Pages: 314
 
 
~Summary~
 
Seventeen-year-old Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he’s aging a whole year of his life with each passing day!

High school is hard enough; imagine rapidly aging from seventeen to seventy in a matter of weeks, with no logical explanation, and with prom, graduation, and the state championship basketball game all on the horizon. That’s what happens to Cameron, a popular pretty boy who's never had to face a day looking anything but perfect.

All Cameron wants to do is go back to normal, but no one, not even the best doctors, can diagnose his condition. When he finds love with a mysterious young woman, however, he realizes his only hope for survival might be with the one person who started his condition in the first place...
 
 
 
Been wanting to read a Christopher Pike book since I know it's the same style as R.L Stine, so I'm really excited! Plus, I really need to get to the books I got at Jackson cause I feel bad that my amazing boyfriend took me there to buy these books, yet I've only read like two out of the 16 I bought haha. So, this is perfect! 
 
Whisper of Death
 
Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike
Publication Date: December 1st 1991   
Genre: Young Adult Horror
Pages: 180
 
 
~Summary~
 
Roxanne and Pepper are a teenage couple with problems. They leave their small town for a weekend to try and solve them. They don't really succeed, and when they return home they find their town empty.

They call other towns.

They find the whole world empty.

But eventually they discover three other Kids their Age who are still alive in the town. They cannot imagine why the five of them seem to be the only ones left of the entire human race. They have only one thing in common. They were each directly or indirectly involved in the death of Betty Sue - the plain, shy girl who committed suicide only a short time ago. Betty Sue - the quiet, brilliant girl who wrote short stories about each of them. Stories of hate, of revenge, of death in a dead world.

It makes them wonder who Betty Sue really was.

Or what Betty Sue was.
 
 
So, there you go! I'm probably going to dive into Whisper of Death soon as I'm already reading a Received for Review book, Cursed (Voodoo Nights #1). If you're into American Horror Story: Coven, then you'll just love this book as it takes place in the mysterious world of New Orleans!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment