Thursday, November 21, 2013

Scribophile is a great motivational tool!

 
 

Sophia Jones, author of The Phantom and the Psychic & The Pharaoh and the Curator, told me about this critiquing website called Scribophile.com. I checked it out and guess what guys? I freaking love it!

The basis of the site:

We're a writing group that works on a karma point system. Members spend karma points to post their writing for feedback from the community. To earn karma points, members submit thoughtful critiques for the work of others. Everyone has to earn karma points before they can post!

This system ensures that every work you post gets awesome critiques from other talented writers. Forget about sites that are popularity contests, get spammed with work that sits unviewed, and "reviews" that say nothing but "good job." At our writing group every piece gets the full critiquing attention it deserves.

Don't feel like critiquing? That's OK! Hang out in our busy writing forums to chat with other passionate writers, read our writing blog for tips and tricks, and meet and connect with writers from all over the world.

And there's even more for writers...

Keep your rights protected. You have full control over your writing. Only other members can read it.

Get quality feedback, guaranteed. Every work posted is guaranteed at least 3 insightful critiques.

Win cash in free writing contests. We give out hundreds in cash and prizes each month!

Be part of a busy, vibrant community. We're one of the largest and most active writing groups online.

Everyone welcomed, from beginner to pro. Everyone's here to learn, and we want to help!
 

Doesn’t that all sound so good?
Well, it works!
It truly works and if it wasn’t for this site Chapters 2 and 3 in Wants of an Incubus wouldn’t have been written so soon! In my head I was originally just going to publish chapter 1 but after getting amazing critiques on it and people saying they couldn’t wait for the next chapter, that’s when a light bulb clicked!
I combined book one and two ideas together and got a whole new storyline for the second part of the series! I can’t wait to get started on it but before I do, I must finish the prequel to The Harvesters. Which I can’t wait to get to and post it on Scribophile.com!
This website is free to a point. For the free one you can only post up to two works but with Scribophile Premium you can post as many works as you want! So just at $65/year (you save $43 if you choose this over the monthly one) I am so going to do that next year as this site is so helpful! It’s not only helpful with the many different pairs of eyes looking at your work but it’s so motivational!
So motivational that I got out of my writing slump! I’m excited to write again and for Wants of an Incubus, I finished it in just a few months. So much quicker than all my other works and it’s all thanks to this site!
This site is so much fun, I got the want to write back into my system! I just want to write and write, then posting my stories on here to get that motivation the other people give out. Plus to learn more and become a better editor myself, it just feels absolutely amazing and I’m so proud of myself! If I hadn’t learned of this site, Wants of an Incubus would still just be an unfinished story in my files. So thank you so much to whomever created this brilliant website! It's an absolute life saver!
This site helped ready me for my second publication!
 
It's live on Amazon and I'm so excited for you guys to read it! In editing wise, it's truly better than The Harvesters! I'm proud of my horror short but for this one I'm feeling absolutely wonderful about it! Feeling completely accomplished!
 
So if you want some editing help or some motivation then you most definitely should check out this site, Scribophile.com!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment