Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ashley's Review: Thrall (Daughters of Lilith #1) by Jennifer Quintenz

Thrall (Daughters of Lilith, #1)
Thrall (Daughters of Lilith #1) by Jennifer Quintenz
Publication Date: May 16th 2012
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Pages: 281
Format: Kindle
Source: Free from Amazon
 
 
~Summary~
 
Braedyn is a normal girl just trying to survive high school with her two devoted friends, Royal and Cassie. Together they’re doing a pretty good job of shrugging off the slings and arrows cast their way by the popular crowd when a new boy, Lucas, moves into the house next door. Suddenly Braedyn finds herself falling in love for the first time.

But as her sixteenth birthday approaches, Braedyn discovers humankind is at war with the Lilitu, an ancient race of enticing demons that prey on human souls. Her father is a member of the Guard fighting against the Lilitu - and so are the new neighbors, including her crush, Lucas.

As her world starts to unravel at the seams, Braedyn learns the right answers aren’t always clear or easy. And as for “good” and “evil” – it all depends on how we choose to act.

Inspired by the ancient Mesopotamian myths of Lilith and her offspring, Thrall explores first love, strong friendships, and taking on adult responsibilities against the backdrop of powerful supernatural forces and life-and-death stakes.
 
 
~My Thoughts~


I originally got this free from Amazon, the summary kept me intrigued so whenever I strolled through my kindle books I would always get drawn to it. However, since ebooks take a little bit longer for me to read, I would just side step it and go for a shorter one.
That was until the author sent a book request my way.
The final push I needed to pick up this read!
I absolutely loved the concept! Mrs. Quintenz wrote about a very unique creature, one you don’t see much in the young adult world as it’s a very sexually beast, and with that I think Mrs. Quintenz handled that aspect very, very well!
Though I enjoyed this tale, and I can’t wait to dive into Incubus, I do feel that in the end there was a lot of buildup and action scenes that when the next scene came all relaxed and calm, nothing much but characters everyday life, it made it feel (I don’t know) a little unbalanced. I know this is a need in books to keep the readers interested but it was so unexpected, so packed that the ups and downs were kind of tiring after a while (or I maybe was just too exhausted from school *shrugs*).
Overall I liked and found this a somewhat refreshing tale. It’s only somewhat as the romance is the same (insta-whatever) and I thought the guy only liked her for a certain reason (would have been an awesome twist!) but instead the author played it a different way, a way in which caused me to roll my eyes (and probably because I was never in love when I was fifthteen).

Thrall is an addicting read, full of surprises and refreshing creatures that it will have you flying through till the end and then craving for the sequel, Incubus.

*Though on request to review from the author that has in no way influenced my opinion on it one bit*


will disturb your being
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment