Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ashley's Book Review: Ghoulfriends Just Want to Have Fun (Ghoulfriends #2) by Gitty Daneshvari

 
Ghoulfriends Just Want to Have Fun (Ghoulfriends, #2)
Ghoulfriends Just Want to Have Fun (Ghoulfriends #2) by Gitty Daneshvari
Publication Date: April 2nd 2013
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Pages: 272
Format: Hardcopy
Source: Gifted
 
 
~Summary~
 
GFFs Rochelle, Robecca, and Venus begin to settle in at Monster High and are having a fangtastic time getting involved in the student body. Rochelle is tutoring the trolls, Robecca is blasting onto the Skulltimate Roller Maze team, and Venus is starting a compost pile with Lagoona Blue! The ghoulfriends are even recruited to help Toralei and Cleo plan the Hex Factor Talent Show.

 But during Mr. Mummy's Catacombing class, the ghouls find hints of a new threat to the school. And when white cats start showing up around the Creepateria-a bad omen for monsters!-the GFFs begin to wonder if their fun is over. Is Toralei playing pranks? Or is something more sinister haunting the halls of Monster High?
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Sometimes I’m just lost for words. I enjoyed Ghoulfriends Just Want to Have Fun, it was fun reading something that isn’t completely serious once in a while and I love how well in tuned this writer is with Monster Highs world. But (y’all sensed that huh) I felt like this was mainly just a build up for the next book, which it was.
In the first one, Ghoulfriends Forever, it was action packed and made you sit on the edge of your seat as you read along. This one had some good action but after a while you could sense that it wasn’t going to go anywhere until the next book. Which saddens me cause I was hoping we would have figured out more on who’s trying to scare the monsters high students, who was trying to take over the school in the first book, but we get nowhere with that. Except for a little bit at the end, but again, build up for the third book.
Which makes me feel like this book has sequel syndrome, it only being build up. I don’t mind books being build ups but when you go from a fast paced first book to a slow paced second book then it kind of bugs me. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
Another thing which kind of bugged me was that I felt the author made the original characters take the spotlight away from Rochelle, Robecca, and Venus. I was happy to see a lot more of the originals but I think they took away from the story. If they showed up less then I think that would have helped as every time they came into a scene I felt like they took the shine away from the three main gals. Other than that I was happy to see a couple new characters being brought in from Scaris, though I wished we got to see them a lot more. Hopefully in the next book.
 
Will disturb your being
 
 
Sweet Readings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment