Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ashley's Review: Demons Are A Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery #2) by Victoria Laurie

Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2)
Demons Are A Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery #2) by Victoria Laurie
Publication Date: March 4th 2008
Genre: Adult Paranormal Mystery
Pages: 282
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Read: August 29 to September 01, 2014
 
 
~Summary~
 
Victoria Laurie's ghoulishly great follow-up to What's a Ghoul to Do? in her new Ghost Hunter Mystery series

Northelm Boarding School on Lake Placid has the worst bully of all-a demon by the name of Hatchet Jack. M.J. Holliday, along with her partners Gilley and the handsome Dr. Steven Sable, are ready to send him back to the portal from whence he came. The school's summer construction, an uncooperative dean, and the very tempting Dr. Delicious are all trying to distract M.J. from her ghost hunting. But with a demonic disturbance as great as Hatchet Jack, she must focus and show no mercy to send him to detention for an eternity-in hell.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Though I set down this book and walked away a little bit, once I picked it back up I was hooked once again! I didn't set it down because the story wasn't interesting, oh trust me it is, it surely gave me pliantly of goose bumps along the way. It's just because lately I'm just a bit tired of Paranormals, lately I've really been getting into NA Contemporary romances and Mysteries. Yeah, I know this is a mystery which is why I was able to get hooked again.
 
Demons Are A Ghoul's Best Friend is another fun installment in Mrs. Laurie's Ghost Hunter Mystery Series. I actually liked this one better than the first one, What's a Ghoul to Do?. In the first one we were learning about the quirky characters Mrs. Laurie has created and I enjoyed that but the ghost aspect of the story and the mystery was mild. I felt like I've read it before and it wasn't really surprising but I still enjoyed it. In this one the ghost story had me crept out! A chill would run down my spine and when we got to the end it gave me nightmares.
 
To say the least, I was consumed and though this is scary and serious most of the time, there was some funny moments and I was smiling from ear to ear. Gilley is definitely the comedy relief in a way and when he's around Dr. Delicious (Steven) you can't help but laugh. But there ways can get underneath M.J's skin and it's understandable. Now that Steven is a part of the group he's learning the business and he's way when it comes to it. At first he didn't get that ghost busting was so serious but by the end he did and I can't wait to see how much he grows in the next one! 
 
Overall this was a spine chilling read! I honestly didn't know where this mystery was going and that is how I like my mysteries, I like to be surprised at the end and have my mind blown. I definitely had that feeling because I would have never thought up of what actually happened. Yeah, I knew the ghost murderer liked to play chase with children but why he was like that and his connection with everything throughout the book I did not see. It was such an enjoyable read and I can't wait to continue this series!
 
 
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment