Monday, June 8, 2015

Review: #Nerd (Hashtag #1) by Cambria Hebert

#Nerd (Hashtag, #1)
#Nerd (Hashtag #1) by Cambria Hebert
Publication Date: November 1st, 2014
Genre: New Adult College Romance
Pages: 472
Format: ebook
Source: Bought
Read: June 3rd to 5th, 2015
 
 
 
~Summary~
 
A new adult college romance from author Cambria Hebert.
Two people from completely different worlds are about to be thrown together...

In more ways than one.

She wants to keep her scholarship. He wants to stay on the team. An awkward alliance doesn't even begin to cover Rimmel and Romeo's relationship.

But that's about to change.

It starts with a dare. An initiation. A challenge.

Quickly, it turns into more. But when you're a victim of your status, there is no room for anything real. The rules are clear and simple.

Stick to your circle.

And never fall in love with anyone on the outside.
 
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
I haven't been into a contemporary romance like this since Breaking Free by Juliana Haygert or Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, I just couldn't put it down! Honestly, going into this I wasn't expecting to fall head over heels for #Nerd (I knew I might like it, especially from the reviews) but I did- I fell hard for this book!
 
I started it late into the night and I got sucked in immediately, I just wanted to read it throughout the night instead of going to sleep! Sadly, I had to catch some z's because I had to wake up early the next morning. Ohmigosh, it was so good! I just didn't want to leave this world! The characters sucked me in the moment I began, starting with Rimmel being such a klutz. She is such an awesome character, I connected with her easily! We're so alike in many ways and I also loved how we bounced between her point of view and Romeo's. It was easy to fall for Romeo and I loved when he stood up to his mom on Rimmel's behalf, I fell for him even harder at the moment! You have no idea how happy I was with that chapter, it was when they finally kissed. My hopeless romantic heart was swooning by how sweet that moment was.
 
#Nerd was such a light, easy read that I was breezing right through it! I was devouring page after page, all I wanted to do was read it- nothing else. I seriously had to force myself to put it down for a few seconds to go make my breakfast (college cuisine, a bowl of cereal). I didn't want to do anything that day but read this awesome book! Though there was some moments that broke my heart, most of the time I was smiling with joy for these awesome characters. I was seriously invested in them, in this story! I honestly don't know why it took me this long to finally pick up a book by Mrs. Hebert! I'm so glad the first book I read from her was this one, it has me on cloud nine!
 
Overall, what a great start to this series! By the end of it I was totally breathless and I didn't know what to do with myself- I felt completely lost (but in a good way). I had a total book hangover with this one! I of course immediately bought #Hater, I'll no doubt be buying the rest of the series soon too! Now that I finally got this review done I can finally start #Hater, squeal!    
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sweet Readings Everybody!


3 comments:

  1. what an awesome review! thank you so much for taking the time to read this book and leave a review! So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome review! thank you so much for taking the time to read this book and leave a review! So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. mthashtag

    ReplyDelete