Saturday, June 6, 2015

Review: The Second Super (The First Superhero #1) by Logan Rutherford

The Second Super (The First Superhero, Book One)
The Second Super (The First Superhero #1) by Logan Rutherford
Publication Date: May 26th, 2015
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction
Pages: 156
Format: ebook
Source: Bought
Read: May 27th to June 2nd, 2015
 
 
 
~Summary~
 
Kane Andrews is just another one of the billions of people on Earth who watch as Richter, the world's first superhuman, goes on a rampage. All the worlds military cannot stop him, no matter what they throw his way.

Until, with the whole world watching, Kane surprises himself by flying up to catch someone the supervillain has thrown off a building.

The second superhuman is born.

With no idea of the extent or magnitude of his powers, Kane has a long way to go before becoming the first superhero. He must stay one step ahead of both Richter and the rest of the world while he figures out how to take down his nemesis. Time is running out though, and Richter will do whatever it takes to make sure he's Earth's only superhuman.
 
 
~My Thoughts~
 
Super hero themes aren't really reads I go for, that's more Tasha's thing, but I've enjoyed the authors previous work and I was glad to see him publishing again, so I just had to buy this. The first chapter piqued my interest and I was able to get into the story easily. The world Mr. Rutherford created was interesting and the action kept me on my toes. Though the beginning had me hooked as time went on, it started to get easier for me to put it down.
 
The action is what held me, the characters not so much. They were a little flat for me and though they felt real at some moments, other times I felt they were too juvenile for me (I don't know if it's cause most books I read are from a female point of view or not). And why was Kane so cocky? He was even cocky before he found out he had powers. And how he got these powers, well, we'll have to wait for the second book to see why he has them. Oh, and there was a few editing problems so that would slow down my reading too. 
 
Overall it may not be my usual cup of tea, I still enjoyed it and I'm glad I bought it. I liked how the main plot line ended, that Kane was able to conclude it and how he did really kept me reading- though there's a small cliffhanger but not much of one. But there's still lot of unknowns, so it makes me want to see what happens next! The ending piqued my interest again so I'm dying for the sequel!
 
 
 



 
Sweet Readings Everybody!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment