Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mini Review: The Mermaid's Den: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella by Ella Malone

The Mermaid's Den: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella
The Mermaid's Den: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella by Ella Malone
Publication Date: June 29th, 2015
Genre: Adult Fantasy
Pages: 72
Format: ebook
Source: Free on Amazon
Read: July 17th, 2015



~Summary~

Laura and Tom Flynn married after she fell for him hook, line, and sinker — literally. Finding Laura in his fishing net had been a shock for Tom, but one he came to embrace as they quickly fell in love. For fifteen years, they have lived and worked by the sea, and Laura hasn’t thought once of what she left behind when she chose to marry Tom. She doesn’t regret giving up her mermaid form. It wasn’t a sacrifice. It was a good decision, and one she made to survive. 

Now, with Tom missing at sea, Laura faces a decision she swore she’d never consider. In order to search for Tom and his crew, she must become a mermaid again and face the demons of the deep that she eagerly dodged when trading in her tail. Or she can stay on land and continue her life, but without Tom. 

Does she enjoy her future alone, without the man she loves, or face her fears and her past in the ocean? Either way, nothing will be the same for her again.


~My Thoughts~


The Mermaid's Den was a light, easy read that was easy to get pulled into. Throughout, things were unexpected and took interesting turns. Though I liked it, I don't know, something was just missing for me to love it. The story line was okay, I feel it was definitely unique, but it was the mermaids world Ms. Malone created was what kept me reading! I honestly would love another story from her centered around that world! I think a lot of mermaid fans would enjoy this!

The Mermaid's Den was cute, especially how Laura and Tom met. The flashback moments were sweet! Overall, it was enjoyable.  






Sweet Readings Everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I plan to read it next week. It will be a great intro to see if I'll enjoy the series:)

    ReplyDelete