Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Movie Review: R.L Stine Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls



~Summary~

Teenage friends must resist the spell of an evil showman staging a house of horrors show in their small town.


~My Thoughts~

When I saw that R.L Stine had another movie on Netflix I was jumping with joy and I couldn't wait to watch it with hubby! The opening scene is brilliant in my opinion. Things are off and we jump head first in what's going amiss in this town, it definitely pulls you in!

This is an absolutely fun movie and one I'll be watching more than once! I loved that I felt like this was aimed for an older audience but don't fret, it's perfect for all ages! I just felt like I wasn't too old to be watching it haha.  

Anyways, I really liked the cast they picked and hubby of course loved the funny character. I enjoyed going on this adventure with them, rooting for the main gal to figure out how to save her friends. Dove Cameron plays Beth and as her and her friends go through the House of Horrors she gets lost and ends up in the backstage area. There she sees that maybe the actor that's playing the role of a zombie is actually a zombie as he picks up a live rat and noms on it. This makes her sense that somethings not right, especially when her friends start changing after they visit. 

I absolutely loved where this story went, I had no clue on where it was going or what kind of creature the evil showman was so when we finally found out I was in awe. It's definitely not your usual creature, definitely not what I was expecting. It was refreshing to say the least!      
Overall I truly enjoyed this and any fan of R.L Stine will definitely too! Even hubby enjoyed it and these aren't his type of movies. Cabinet of Souls is certainly going to be one of my go to Halloween movies! A must buy for me!


  








Happy Viewing Everybody!

1 comment:

  1. I have this one and plan to watch it on Halloween night. One of my favorites by Stine was The Halloween Mask. Those floating heads and the mask not coming off. Scary good stuff! I have a huge container full of his books.

    ReplyDelete