Friday, February 12, 2016

Book Review: Hard by Lucia Jordan

Hard by Lucia Jordan
Publication Date: November 17th, 2015
Genre: Adult Erotica
Pages: 32
Format: ebook
Source: Free on Amazon
Read: February 1st, 2016
Rating: 1/5



~Summary~

Beth Reed hates office parties, but her boss Paul Vincent has asked her to go and keep an eye on things—particularly his son, Jake, who is visiting for the holidays. The owner of a custom motorcycle shop, Jake has a bad reputation for being a womanizer, and possibly a criminal, but Beth has always had a bit of a crush on him. Wishing for a guy like Jake is dangerous, however, so she’s always kept her distance. 

When Beth and Jake are caught under the mistletoe and forced to kiss, her desire for the big, dark, tattooed biker blazes hotter than ever. When later that night Jake shows up on her doorstep asking for more, she can’t resist letting him in. His hungry kisses soon lead to a white-hot bout of passion that arouses Beth so much it frightens her. But when Jake explains that he’s a dominant, and wants her to be his submissive, Beth suddenly has doubts. She’s a nice girl, not a biker chick or a submissive. And if his strait-laced father finds out she’s sleeping with his son she will definitely lose her job. And when Jake unexpectedly makes a proposition, she must decide if it’s worth the risk?


~My Thoughts~

Honestly it's really hard for me to admit that I read this.  And it's rare that I rate books 1 stars so that in  itself speaks how much I didn't like this book.

In the beginning I thought it was building up nicely but then the first sex scene came and I was totally turned off. Like, way too much talking and not enough describing  of what was going on. Who talks that much while having sex? And it was supposed to be dirty talk, it was cheesy to me as the dirty talk lasted paragraphs....oh my god, so much talking.

I read half of this story (which is only 16 pages) and I had to walk away, I just couldn't. But I decided to pick it back up and finish it. It was so mind numbing. Wasted time. And then things started to get uncomfortable for me. The dialog turned awkward for me and after awhile the guy started to come off as a creep to me. 

"So where did you get those gorgeous beauties, Beth?"

"I don't know." She looked down at them. "They just popped up out of nowhere when I was in the seventh grade."

Jake rubbed them with his soapy hands, making the washing more like fondling. "I bet you were the sexiest girl in your school."

"I don't know about that." Her mouth twisted. "But the boys at my school sure liked them."

Jake watched her pretty blue eyes as he pinched her nipples gently. "Did any of them try to put their hands on you? Tell me, Beth."

She cringed a little. "One time three boys cornered me in an empty classroom. One of them held me while the other two touched me and kissed me. They pulled up my shirt and unclipped my bra, and groped me. One of them, the biggest one, he put his mouth on me, too. I think they would have done more if a teacher hadn't walked in."

Jake studied her face. "Were you afraid?"

"No." She spoke in a whisper now. "I liked it. I liked how it felt."

"You bad girl."

Um, is that supposed to turn me on? Any other readers out there just got fully crept out by this cringe worthy text? Ugh, that was not fun to type out but it was necessary. Like, where did that dialog come from? It changed the tone to this completely. And I feel like this was only brought up to give Beth more depth but really, it should have been delivered way better and not during  a shower sex scene. Oh, and another reason to give this character more depth is because of course this is the first book in a series. Cue eye rolling.


Seriously, this is a series? There's nothing but cheesy dialog and awkward and uncomfortable sex scenes because there's too much talking and then some. Oh, and after the first time they make love we find out he's a dominate type. This is where things got even more awkward. And what is with all the dialog during sex? Is that a dominate thing? I don't know honestly, I've read some books where the guys liked to be dominate but they weren't cringe worthy or awkward like this one was. 

Overall there's nothing to this story, glad I got it for free, this authors writing is just not my style and it didn't satisfy me at the end. Not interested in continuing the series.






Sweet Readings Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment