Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Going on a small Hiatus....Be back soon!



Man, I've been dreading writing this post but I think it's time I let you guys know that I'm going on a much needed break from the blog. I've never taken a break before in my years of blogging, about to hit the 5 YEAR mark in July, so it's a little heartbreaking to be writing this post even though I'm only going to be gone for the month of May (at least that's my plan).

If you visit my blog often I'm sure you can tell I haven't been reviewing much lately. I've fallen in a bit of a slump and I've lost the joy in reading. I think it's partly cause my husband is now deployed so I'm trying to adjust to that and I'm looking for a job (which isn't going in my favor because I've only been self-employed). So because of this I feel like I've lost myself and now I need to find my way back. I need to find my love in reading again and just pick up a book for fun and not because I "have to" for reviews (not saying those books aren't fun, but if you've been blogging for a long time you know what I mean). Also, I'm an self-publishing author so my writing takes up a lot of my day too. 

But to those authors I promised reviews for, don't fret, I'm still reading and will post reviews on Amazon because I know how much they mean to you guys. Just by taking a break from the blog it'll take some of the pressure off and I can find the joy in reading again. So, while I'm on this break I'll be stock piling up reviews for when I come back! My plan is to be back June 1st!

So I'm just letting you guys know why I've been quiet and I haven't been posting a lot of reviews lately. I've been thinking of taking a break for a while now cause I've just been feeling drained. I mean, last month I only read 3 books, I just couldn't believe it. And because of that I was so behind on my Goodreads challenge that I had to change it from 100 to 80 books. Hopefully I'll be able to bring it back up to 100 because that is my dream goal right there!

Anyways, I hope you guys have a great month (cannot believe it's already May though I am wishing time would go faster so my hubby can be in my arms once again haha) and I'll see you guys next month!

Oh, one last thing, I'll be posting one more review between May 6th-8th for a tour company but after that I'll be silent.



Love you guys and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment